Me

Me

Monday, June 21, 2010

An Artist's Journal



Well, posting my thoughts is not comfortable for me. So I've decided to just ramble on with whatever thoughts come to me.

I'm having second thoughts about a portrait commission and how the folks who commissioned it will receive it. I gave it my all and had it critiqued by a respected portrait artist I know and he was extremely dead on with what to do to alleviate some of my concerns. It is of an absolutely beautiful blue-eyed baby girl. Her pose was from a small photo taken professionally. Not having met this child, which is always the best of circumstances, the small photo downloaded on the computer was all I had to go with.

I love painting and putting my personal slant onto the subject, whether it is a person, place or thing. It's times like these that make it difficult to feel good about the outcome. All who have seen it, professional artists, friends and all love the result. So that is all I have to go with now. So much uncertaintity!!


No comments:

Post a Comment